Sunday, May 5, 2013


 I was totally engrossed in these feathers.  Finished 15 of them before realizing I didn't wash the Essex Linen.  After washing, the linen shrunk, the cotton not so much. (I even washed one and lined dried it and still got 3/4" shrinkage)!

So now I am obsessed with taking these feathers apart! I spent 5 hours yesterday with the seam ripper and then re-pressing and basting.

I actually like the overall design of this layout better.  I remember seeing it on Anna Marie Horners' blog about a quilt for her son.

 It may not stay like this, but I like that it is not so square as the blocks would have been.

I am going through the stash looking for background material.  I feel like I wasted a yard and a half of linen, so I need to use what I have. Maybe I should sew it all back together!